We are currently tracking performance in the HELIOS App for the following metrics:
These metrics are automatically monitored and calculated by the HELIOS Core performance sensor during the session when the athlete is skating (taking strides). The Core uses HELIOS' Stride Recognition Technology™ (SRT) to understand when the player is and is not actively skating which gives us powerful context for delivering performance results to HELIOS App.
Below highlights how the metrics show up in the app for an individual session (Game, in this case) and explains details for each metric.
- Strides - the total count of left and right strides.
- Stride Speed - the skating speed in units of Miles Per Hour [MPH] or Kilometers Per Hour [KPH].
- Agility - the stride rate or foot speed based on Stride Time inside stride intervals in units of Strides Per Minute [SPM].
- Explosiveness - the acceleration during the first strides of a new stride interval in units of g-force [g]. This is a measure of 'how quickly' the skater gets going (e.g. think "push off" of the first 3-5 strides).
- Balance - a ratio of left and right strides (e.g. the percent of strides that were left vs. right).
- Hustle Score - an intensity rating of this specific session compared to your individual baseline rated as Low (LOW), Average (AVG), High (HIGH).
- Stride Load - a count of strides for a given session, week, month, all-time in units of strides.
- Time On Ice (TOI) - the sum of shifts for a Game in units of minutes [min].
- Stride Time - the total time spent in stride intervals in units of minutes [min].
- Active Time - the total time active in units of minutes [min].
- Heart Rate - heart rate in units of beats per minute [bpm] when a compatible HR device is used.
- Points - the number of points calculated for participation and performance against your individual baseline.