We are currently delivering performance data and insights in the Helios™ App for the following metrics for each practice or game session completed:
These metrics are automatically monitored and calculated by the Helios Core™ device during the session when the athlete is skating (taking strides). The Core uses Helios' Stride Recognition Technology™ (SRT) to understand when the player is and is not actively skating which gives us powerful context for delivering performance results to Helios™ app.
Below highlights how the metrics show up in the app for an individual session (game, in this case) and explains details for each metric.
- Stride Speed - the skating speed of the player in units of Miles Per Hour [MPH].
- Agility - the rate of stride or foot speed of the skating player in units of Strides Per Minute [SPM].
- Explosiveness - a measure of 'how quickly' the skating player gets going (e.g. think thrust/propulsion of the first strides) in units of g-force [g].
- Balance - a ratio of Left and Right stride outputs across a session (e.g. what % of strides were Left vs. Right).
- Stride Load - a count of strides for a given session in units of Strides [strides].
- Active Time - the time actively spent skating in units of minutes [min].
- Hustle Score - an intensity rating of this specific practice or game session compared to your typical practice or game session. Rated as Low (LOW), Average (AVG), High (HIGH).
- Points - a number of points calculated from participation and individual performance against your individual baseline.
- Heart Rate - the average heart rate in beats per minute [bpm]. *when a compatible heart rate chest strap is used.